Friday, April 16, 2010

Homemade chicken tenders and 5 kids......


Baby-sitting tonight, which surprisingly isn't quite bad. My kids behave better, how ironically that may sound. Our friends, Brittany and Kenny are going out tonight, and really everyone needs to get out sometimes. They have two girls, I jokingly said to Michael during dinner what if we had 5 kids? and 4 of them were girls? He looked at me as though, I was talking in another language and said come again? I laughed and said yeah, can you imagine the teenage years? I think Michael got an instant migraine.


So, I got everyone one down, at a surprisingly decent hour. Their little girl Addie is a doll, still a baby and yes, as crazy as that sounds, got those old feelings again. Ahhh, remember when they were this little?


Babies. Like puppies, are incredibly infectious and cute. When one comes into the office everyone flocks to them. And who can blame them?


After dinner, and making sure everyone had gotten the right kind of dipping sauce, ketchup for Gabe, ranch for Lily,so on and so on. It was coloring and brownies and movie time. I always take a moment back and watch them. I tend to do that like on holidays, nothing is more great to me then a house full of people. No gift can compare, than people around eating and laughing and having a good time. Knowing, that they are comfortable in our home. I always tend to get away in the corner, like I am part of the furniture and observe what is going on in the room. Michael, always catches me doing that and just smiles because he knows that, I am incandescently happy for that moment.

I haven't done that in a long time. We used to have dinner parties all the time. I need to start again. The past months have been out-of-character for me. Haven't felt like celebrating anything, this past Christmas was just weird. Maybe, because of it, being still warm and having a late, cold winter this year. When it's warm on Christmas and then finally gets cold after, to me it's such a disappointment. It needs to be cold when it's supposed to be cold. You can't get all jolly in 80 degree weather. Michael, often fantasizes about moving up in the mountains, dream sequences of streams and lakes. Sometimes, I do ,want the Norman Rockwell painting, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Of course, with a little Christmas story, humor in it. F-r-a-g-i-l-e, I think that's Italian. LOL Gotta have that every year.What can I say, I am a sucker for nostalgic-ness. Is that a word?

No comments:

Post a Comment