Thursday, January 21, 2010

You, are a lone reed......


....standing tall, waiving boldly in the corrupt sands of commerce... I needed to hear that today. Another long, and tiring day. And for those who who not know my dearest friend, Sue (there I said it) would know exactly, why I needed to hear, that movie line, from You've Got mail today.


Kathleen is faced with (as her store is threatened, by the "big" Fox Books Superstore) What she exactly does in her life. I remember her saying, I've been thinking about my work what is it I do Exactly? All, I really do is run a children's bookstore -as Frank interrupts her and says What you are doing is this incredibly Nobel thing.....Kathleen! You, are a lone reed!


Then goes on or (before I can't remember, as to explaining what he means) When you are finished with Fox books, the Shop Around the Corner is going to be responsible for reversing the entire course of the Industrial Revolution.


She later writes this : Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Valuable but, small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?


And, that my fellow readers is where, I was today. It has got me thinking of the no follow-through, I have. I sometimes ponder on that same question over and over again Do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So, Sue, your the only person that would get that. Even though we haven't talked as much as we normally do lately (chaos). I was thinking about you today and as sappy and sugary sweet that is, thanks for your lone reed talks. You get me, most definitely.


There, I was today, thinking about the women in my life. (risque huh?) Not really but, the family and friends that I do have. The ones that pick me up after the darkest of hours. The old the young, and some close male friends, I have had the privilege of growing up with. Thank-you for putting up with me, my chaos, random, goofy, embarrassing self. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have you guys in my life.


All that sappy stuff aside, tonight after I cook and spend time with my wonderful husband. I am going out to catch up, with those amazing dear friends of mine (which I have not seen in forever) and laugh and let my hair down (lack there of, I'm growing it out) and for one night feel like a kid again, and sit back and take the moment in.


I need it today. (little down I might say, don't know why, probably some girly hormonal thing which explains my sap, that no-one cares about) Anyway, I'm still blogging....which is a feat in it self. As, well as potty training the twins (that is like giving birth all over again, what a sense on accomplishment) Thanks mother-in-law for the help! (shout out to her)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE IT...LOVE IT..LOVE IT...THIS IS EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO. YOU ARE A LONE REED MY LOVELY GIRLFRIEND (WHOM SOME ASK IF YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER - SINCE WE ARE 20 YEARS APART IN AGE) I MYSELF, COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER LISTENER, PICK-ME-UPPER..FRIEND THAN YOU. WE GET SWEPT AWAY IN A MAJICAL WORLD OF WARM AND FUZZY FEELINGS THAT NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND...NYC IN THE FALL...BARNES AND NOBLE...CHAI TEA..CHEESE CAKE WITH A HOMEMADE RASPBERRY SWIRL TOPPING...AND "FANCY A CUP OF BRANDY"...WITH THE BRITTISH ACCENT OF COURSE. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL FRIEND...AND VERY INSPIRATIONAL. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING (CATCHING UP WITH YOU) YOUR BLOG...AND BEING SWEPT AWAY IN MY OWN LITTLE MIND...THAT ONLY YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO RELATE TOO... STAY STRONG AND FIRM...LET THE WORDS FLOW MY FRIEND...

    ReplyDelete