Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good morning....

Another day,well, actually the sunrise was beautiful this morning. Took Marley out for a walk and God was is fabulous. Can't wait until the warm weather comes. My legs are white as a ghost, man, they have been in hiding, for months now. Finally, started running again and I had to put some orange-y sunless tanner on, to hide the varicose veins, pregnancy and my lovely children left me. Children. Watch out ladies your body will never be the same again! You have been warned! LOL ...I have been lucky though. No complaints, here I could have been the octo-mom or something.

So, this morning, checked in to see the twins sleeping. (I like to do that a time or two, that's when I actually think they are angels) I love morning, when it's quite, everyone is still asleep or the late evening where everyone settles down and rests. Kinda like that movie with Brad Pitt. Benjamin Button or something....what did he say? Something about, how you can hear the house breathing...something like that. I love that, sit out on the porch when it's quite out and take it all in, life, just take it in. It like coming home, especially when you have been away for a while, how safe and comforting it is, home. Nothing like it.

He also said something like: Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss. Which, brings me to my job interview, yesterday, it went well. I mainly said to God in the parking lot,(we talk) if it is meant to be, then let them offer it to me ,if not, then don't. But, I tried and that's good enough for me. I did not miss that opportunity at least, I think that would have turned out more disappointing, if I did not at least try.

So, St. Patrick's day is tomorrow, which, It will be 7 years with the county for me. Wow 7 years already. I think I am going to make cupcakes. I was watching food network (as I always do) and there was this clip about this cupcake bakery called Butter Lane. (the name does it for me already) Come on, Butter and then a Lane? Just, dripping with calories.

Well, they make these homemade, type (which to clarify, not jumbo or hormone injected cupcakes, but normal sized, like you made them at home type)cupcakes and they come with a little something special. They use all organic ingredients, but, more importantly they do a french butter cream. They start out by mixing granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar, egg whites, butter and real vanilla bean. The final product, is lighter and fluffier than your traditional butter cream. They paired the vanilla butter cream, with a banana cupcake. Yum-o! I am going to have to try that, most definitely. You cannot go wrong with banana and vanilla. No sir! Anyway, you can choose and pair frosting to which cake you want. Choices! Awesome. I will have to put that place, on my list to stop in, when, I get to go to New York.

So, tonight, as I am on food now, I am going to do pasta with a tomato, meat/vodka sauce with spinach. Yum-o again! That's the only way, I can get my kids to eat spinach, is to put fresh spinach and hide it in creamy, tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment